Grinder Winch for Faster Tacking—or Hoisting or Furling
Tacking will never be the same. The Grinder patented four-speed winch allows you to let off the old sheet during a tack and sheet in the new sheet quicker than two could perform the operation with a standard two-speed winch. The Grinder is that revolutionary--it changes how you tack: preload the new winch and crank. It’s that simple and quick. The first revolution of the winch brings in over two feet of line—an astonishing feat. Reverse the direction for more power. Repeat twice, gaining more power each time.
Grinder Winch—The Fast Path to Performance.
Grinder Winch Features
- Mechanical advantage of additional gears allows you to sheet in 6-times faster than a two-speed winch.
- Safety—no struggling with a whipping slack sheet.
- Four speeds—engaged with easy-to-understand reversing of the winch handle.
- Automatic load detection on winch drum.
- A lot of speed in a little package: the Grinder 40 weighs just over 10 pounds—to get a similar performance you have to buy a 3-speed winches from the competitors weighing at least 20 pounds and often much heavier, with a much wider base.
- All winches are self-tailing.
- Available in 3 sizes (40, 46, 52).
- Black hard anodized aluminum.
- Sized to retrofit most standard winches.
- Corrosion-proof components.
- Easy to maintain.
- 5-year warranty; springs are guaranteed for over one million compressions.